Apartments for Rent in Bernal Heights San Francisco
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
About Bernal Heights
Bernal Heights is a neighborhood located near the southern boundary of the Mission Valley, perched atop a steep hill overlooking the San Francisco Skyline. The neighborhood is bounded by Cesar Chavez Street on the north, US 101 on the east, I-280 on the south, and San Jose Avenue on the west.
Originally part of the 1839 Rancho de las Salinas y Potrero Nuevo land grant owned by Jose Cornelio Bernal, it was eventually subdivided into several small lots mostly populated by Irish immigrants. Today, Bernal Heights has a warm and inviting atmosphere enhanced by elegant Victorian architecture, organic markets, dazzling murals, and colorful bars and cafés. The neighborhood boasts a small town vibe while still being in a centrally located part of the city.
Bernal Heights offers relatively affordable real estate options, convenient access to the downtown area, and panoramic views of the city, which is why it attracts numerous artists, tech workers, musicians, and young families looking for an ideal place to live.
Apartments and real estate options in Bernal Heights
Bernal Heights has a terrific selection of apartments available for rent ranging from comfortable studio units to more spacious 3-bedroom/2-bathroom units. Many apartments offer a comfortable lifestyle, and are equipped with top-notch features such as spacious, light-filled open floor plans, elegant marble bathrooms, living rooms with fireplace, kitchens with granite counters and stainless-steel appliances, oversized bedrooms with breathtaking views, and so much more.
If you’re searching for an apartment to rent in Bernal Heights, some of the best options in the neighborhood are:
- Market Heights
- Bernal Dwellings
- Bernal Gateway Apartments
- Betel Apartments
Bernal Heights neighborhood guide
- Perched right on top of Bernal Hill, Bernal Heights Park is a scenic outdoor destination surrounded by picture-perfect views of the Mission, China Basin, Noe Valley, and the glittering downtown skyline. The park is very popular for dog owners, as it is an entirely off-leash dog park.
- Residents of Bernal Heights look forward to fun community-wide events each year, such as the Bernal Heights Outdoor Cinema in September and October, and the popular Fiesta on the Hill, an annual street fair with live music, art activities, pony rides, a petting zoo, and other exciting attractions.
- Foodies looking to treat their taste buds will find many interesting dining destinations located near Bernal Heights. If you’re thinking about going on a culinary adventure, some great nearby places to check out include the Alemany Farmers Market, Emmy’s Spaghetti Shack, Jasmine Tea House, ICHI Sushi, Liberty Wine Cottage and Bakery, and The Old Clam House.
- Drop by El Rio, a popular community bar located on the edge of Bernal Heights and the Mission. Enjoy $3 beers during Happy Hour, free oysters at the patio on Fridays, and live performances by local jazz artists. Other notable nightlife destinations in the area are Virgil’s Sea Room, Rock Bar, and Holy Water.
If you’re searching for your dream home or would like to list your Bernal Heights apartment with us, get in touch with Ray Amouzandeh at TARGA Residential Brokerage at (415) 494-7009, or send an email to sfhomez(at)gmail(dotted)com